CCS is a growing non-denominational church in downtown Kent, Washington. Kent is an up-and-coming city with a ton of diversity. The larger Kent gets, the more people there are who need to meet Jesus. That is why we have the opportunity like never before to engage our culture with the gospel, equip the church to make disciples, and enrich our community and our world with the unconditional love of Jesus.
Job Type: Full Time
POSITION DESCRIPTION Calvary Chapel South is seeking a highly skilled Creative Director with a passion for creativity, leadership, communication and production. The qualified applicant would provide strategic vision and leadership for the Creative Department of CCS.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Creative Director is responsible for:
- Leadership development and setting the direction of our communication, media, and worship staff; acting as the principal creative lead for the weekend experience
- Collaborating in all phases of weekend service and special event production, including message development, media, graphic, and technical aspects from concept development through production
- Leading the Media/Tech and Communication staff by casting vision, helping set schedules, sharing goals, and giving regular feedback and evaluations.
- Overseeing all communications, including print graphics, website management, and social media, maintaining consistency of branding across all formats
- Creating a culture based upon the church’s core values within the Creative Teams
- Staying current on emerging trends in ministry, marketing, technology and design
- Keeping the Creative Team continually engaged in producing excellent results while staying on schedule and within budget
- Administration of the Creative Department
- (Potentially) Participating in communicating messages as a member of the weekend service teaching team, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Exemplifying a godly lifestyle and spiritual leadership to the Calvary Chapel South church family
- Fantastic written and verbal communication skills
- 3+ years’ experience in ministry management with design, video, marketing and creative management experience
- Proven track record of successfully leading creative ministries in a church
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to excel at details, multi-task, and thrive in a deadline-driven environment
- Excellent people management and team coaching skills
- A passion for team, staff culture, excellence, and faithfulness
- A willingness and openness to be pastored and coached
- Able to navigate all aspects of production, message development, design, social media, and marketing
- Self-motivation, a professional demeanor, adaptability to change, and a “whatever-it-takes” attitude
- Able to attend required meetings and events: weekly and monthly staff meetings, special conferences, irregular events, etc.
- An active member of CCS, upholding the Bylaws, core values, statement of belief, and employment policies of the church.
Compensation packages are negotiable based on qualifications and experience. Please apply at ccskent.org/jobs, attach your resume to the online application, and any links to your creative work. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
INTERN (Student Ministry / Unpaid)
Are you a student who is called to be a leader among your peers? Or maybe you’re a young adults wanting to invest in the next generation. This internship is an opportunity to do just that by working closely with our student ministry pastors as a team to make disciples. You will be built up and invested in as a leader and follower of Jesus. You will also be challenged to contribute in meaningful ways that will further the reach of Calvary Chapel South. Our church was established just over 20 years ago and much like many twenty-somethings, we are established in our identity (we know who we are) but we are still dreaming about our future (we’re excited about what God is yet to do). Over the course of this internship you will have the opportunity to contribute something new, implement fresh ideas, learn from failures, and celebrate successes.
- To love our students and point them to Jesus.
- Support the Student Ministry Pastors in developing, planning, and executing various student ministry programs and events. (Especially our weekly services).
- Assist in recruiting, training, and scheduling volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Jesus Follower
- A passion for youth
- Experience working with youth
- Regular Attender of CCS (or willing to become one)
- 8-12 hours per week (flexible)
- Must be available to work on Sunday morning (8:30am – 12pm)
- Works well as a member of a TEAM
- Administrative aptitude
Details: This position lasts for one year. You are expected to work an estimated 8-12 hours a week and will not be paid.